• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Me and my partner

coromaborealis

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello all.

Thought id introduce myself since your going to be seeing more of me :)

Im knew to the whole "bearded dragon" thing as ive never been a fan of Lizards or anything of the sort.
But me and my partner have decided to take a step in our relationship and get a Bearded Dragon together tomorrow :) Whether its a boy or girl, weve decided on the name Flux.

Were not sure how old it is but were going to get one tomorrow and I am so excited. Ive been looking through this forum for the past 2 hours looking at pictures of all of your cuties and have come to love them :)

I am really excited for tomorrow. Im just upset as I only get to see it at weekends until I move in :( but atleast I have another thing to get excited about each weekend.

I look forward to hearing from you all and Im looking forward to posting new pictures of our little baby tomorrow if my partner doesnt freak out over the insect thing haha

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Welcome! Congrats on your almost new addition. :D It would be great to ask any questions prior to getting your new dragon, if you need any help!

coromaborealis

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The thing im probably gonna be freaked out about is it changing it color, i know its not a big deal or anything because if theyre stressed they do do that, but im just a bit freaked as ive never been a lizard person or anything. lol Should be a great new experience. We went to pets at home today because i wanted a hamster hahaha, and my partner was drooling over these dragons and then saw the insects and shivered hahaha Im really looking forward to it and now i found out they like cuddling up to you and stuff makes me even more excited for my weekends with Flux :p

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It certainly is something to look forward to! They are great, no doubt. The first sight of them seems to make you fall in love! They're amazing, and you won't regret it.

Do you know how old he/she is?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ah, just a baby! At least I assume...... lol. Do you have a setup already for the little dude ?

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. I was not a reptile person at all when I got my first beardie. My husband thought I lost my mind when I brought my first one home and now he loves them to. I now have 3. :eek:

Questions are always welcome and so is pictures.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome. I fell in love with the beardie in my 9th grade science class. 12 years later I finally got my first then quickly got my second. I love them and so does my daughter. I don't want to talk you out of getting one, but just want to make sure you know babies eat a lot of bugs. I was shocked when I learned how much they eat. They eat about 25-100 crickets a day. Please ask lots of questions. Everyone here is more than happy to help you get things set up right so you and your beardie can be happy.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome. Glad to have you around.

It will seem overwhelming at first, the care of your dragon, that is. Here is a link to our caresheet. Give it a read and let us know if you have any questions.

Bearded Dragon Care

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome. One thing I did see in that second post is that you mentioned that they "change colors". They don't change like a chameleon. They get lighter and darker depending on their body temperature. And, their beards can get black. I just wanted to clarify that.

Don't let the petstore talk you into unneeded things. Here is a quick list of what you will need.

1. Tank...better to get to big than to small. DON'T get a 10 gallon. 20 gallon is the smallest to start with, but you will have to upgrade. You can just get a 40 gallon breeder so you don't have to update.

2. Substrate (flooring). The only thing in the petstore that would be appropriate is reptile carpet. A non particle is the best. DON'T let them talk you into calcisand, bark, or any other kind of particle substrate.

3. Thermometers. You need digital ones. DON'T let them talk you into the stick on ones. They are about 20* off. You can get a digi at Lowes, Kmart, etc.

4. Heat bulb...DON'T let them talk you into any expensive reptile heat bulbs. Regular household bulbs are fine for heat.

5. UVB....the only appropriate one these days is the Reptisun 10.0 Tube. Don't get the Repti glo or any coils...they don't give off enough uvb.

6. DON'T let them talk you into a heat rock or an under the tank heater. Both aren't good and can be dangerous.

7. No melaworms. Not good source of food and can cause impaction problems. Crix no bigger than the space between your dragons' eyes.

For now off the top of my head that is it. I am sure others will think of other stuff to put on here.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
00020121.gif
to the forum.

Looking forward to the pics, and congrats.
I was also not a reptile person.... My husband wanted the dragon and I didnt give in for 3 months, but eventually in March I said OK. Now I love her to death, and shes all MINE, my husband doenst even pick her up.... LOL

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Bienvenidos!!!!!!!! Welcome- I absolutely LOVE my dragon and my family has grown to lov ehim as well (it didnt take long). I was never a reptile, bug, worm, cricket, roach fan either, but once you get your baby it ALL changes ;D
Congrats and you've come to the right place for advice/fellowship/etc

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've not been saying things like, "Welcome to the nuttiest place on the internet!" or "Welcome to the Jungle" or "Welcome aboard. We'ze crazy around these parts"....well....mostly because I've learned it isn't a very warming welcoming message when you want people to join. So....I won't say any of those things. Instead, I'm just going to say "Welcome to MyBeardie.com. Hope you enjoy your stay. We'll leave the light on for you." :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Welcome !
Craig now you make us sound like Hotel 6.... jeeeese !

Dang....I really need to work on my welcomes! ;D

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL...I am going to agree with Janie...you sound like a hotel commercial.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
LOL...I am going to agree with Janie...you sound like a hotel commercial.

I must be watching too much television.... :D

Latest posts