• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Me again, best dimensions for a new terrarium of a bearded dragon with these measurements

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
My bearded dragon(remember CJ?) have the measurements of about 20 inches from tip of nose to tip of tail and about 7 inches from side to side(when body is puffed), what are some proper terrarium dimensions I should aim for when I go looking for a new terrarium? I should be getting a job soon(after i get better from an infection that is and do a follow-up from an interview i had recently). I have a temporary solution for this right now, let him roam around my room while I'm home with my door shut so my cat who IS allowed to come upstairs can't get to him. Mind you my only remaining cat is an elderly male tuxedo cat(unsure what specific breed since I know tuxedo only means fur pattern/color). I felt the measurements of CJ were required to get a proper measurement for the new terrarium as I like said the roam around my room is temporary I doubt that could be permanent because well HE did poop on my floor one time and last time i let him, we put him back in and for some reason my mom reported a sour smell in my room but CJ didn't poop. I will pose this part as a separate question elsewhere as that is also confusing me, if you want to respond to both parts you can, but I really honestly don't care as I said the smell part will go elsewhere.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon(remember CJ?) have the measurements of about 20 inches from tip of nose to tip of tail and about 7 inches from side to side(when body is puffed), what are some proper terrarium dimensions I should aim for when I go looking for a new terrarium? I should be getting a job soon(after i get better from an infection that is and do a follow-up from an interview i had recently). I have a temporary solution for this right now, let him roam around my room while I'm home with my door shut so my cat who IS allowed to come upstairs can't get to him. Mind you my only remaining cat is an elderly male tuxedo cat(unsure what specific breed since I know tuxedo only means fur pattern/color). I felt the measurements of CJ were required to get a proper measurement for the new terrarium as I like said the roam around my room is temporary I doubt that could be permanent because well HE did poop on my floor one time and last time i let him, we put him back in and for some reason my mom reported a sour smell in my room but CJ didn't poop. I will pose this part as a separate question elsewhere as that is also confusing me, if you want to respond to both parts you can, but I really honestly don't care as I said the smell part will go elsewhere.
You want a 4x2x2 tank for a full size dragon
Not sure where the sour smell is coming from-- I have never smelled a sour smell from my dragons poop -- what is the diet your feeding him ?

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
You want a 4x2x2 tank for a full size dragon
Not sure where the sour smell is coming from-- I have never smelled a sour smell from my dragons poop -- what is the diet your feeding him ?
mealworms, yellow squash, mustard greens, and recently added celery

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
mealworms, yellow squash, mustard greens, and recently added celery
Here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale info its outdated http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
please feed the celery sparingly --- what is the staple feeder insect? mealworms are treat worms and should be fed every few days -- you want dubia roaches they are the most recommended crickets stinky things BSFL great staple for babies or silk worms

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
I don't feed him worms every day anyway, like maybe once a week I believe(mostly because college and recent job interview related stuff)

Latest posts