• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mass on beardie's chest

Gazza

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've got a 10 year old male beardie that has a mass on his chest about the size of a nickel. It is hard to the touch, and doesn't seem to move under his skin. I'm embarrassed to admit that we just noticed this today, despite fairly regularly giving him baths, and handling him. (We typically don't flip him over.) No idea how long it's been there.

Aside from the lump, he seems fine. He's eating his gut-loaded crickets, veggies, drinking, alert, and color looks good.

Due to Covid, our vet is not seeing patients outside of emergency cases. The cost is $250 just to walk in the door, treatment will be considerably higher. I will pay it if needed, but wanted to reach out to the experts here first.

What do you think? (photos attached)

Thank you so much for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpeg
    IMG_0355.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0354.jpeg
    IMG_0354.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've got a 10 year old male beardie that has a mass on his chest about the size of a nickel. It is hard to the touch, and doesn't seem to move under his skin. I'm embarrassed to admit that we just noticed this today, despite fairly regularly giving him baths, and handling him. (We typically don't flip him over.) No idea how long it's been there.

Aside from the lump, he seems fine. He's eating his gut-loaded crickets, veggies, drinking, alert, and color looks good.

Due to Covid, our vet is not seeing patients outside of emergency cases. The cost is $250 just to walk in the door, treatment will be considerably higher. I will pay it if needed, but wanted to reach out to the experts here first.

What do you think? (photos attached)

Thank you so much for your time!
I am so sorry! Dragons usally live 4-10 years... he is old! So it could be cancer.... I don’t know exactly but I would bring him to a vet. It could also be a tumor

Latest posts