• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Christian Wastell

Bearded Dragon Egg

Hello everybody, I am the proud owner of Marvin, my young beardie. I am concerned about him because for the previous few days he seems to be walking with a limp. I have embedded three videos in this post that shows him walking so I could get feedback. I am specifically looking for opinions on which leg he is favoring. I believe it to be the rear right leg.
Before I get too far, this is my set-up:
- 20-Gal vivarium (long)
- Exo Terra Repti-Glo 10.0 Fluorescent lamp (4 months old)
- A heating bulb (I don't know the type, but it is 4 months old and keeps his basking area around 100-110 degrees)
- I have 'handicapped' his vivarium so that he cannot climb around or jump
- Diet: 15-20 crickets or 10ish dubia roaches with collard green/ mustard greens for his salad.

About a week ago he jumped from my shoulder to the island while I was washing dishes but on his fall, his body slammed into a metal cup. I watched him very close for a couple days and while he seemed fine initially, no limping or acting injured, but he developed a limp about two days later. Since then, the limp has not gotten any better and I am keeping him on bed rest as much as possible. I contacted a local reptile vet and if the condition does not improve I will be taking him in. As I read on the subject, I have learned that typically when beardies injure their legs, they will reduce how much they eat, poop, and move. This is not the case with Marvin; he is just as chipper as before. He allows me to touch all of his legs without issue and does not show any signs of pain. Is going to the vet the best course of action or should I wait this out?
Thanks in advance!

Latest posts