• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mango update and question.

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
I want to thank everyone for your help and advice. It seems after 3 months, Mango has come out of brumation and has joined the world. For the past 5 days or so ,she has been her old self, a very sweet and happy dragon. One serious problem(I think) is that before she got sick and went into brumation, she ate regularly and also pooped once a day,on average. Since she came out, she hasn't pooped. Her appetite is great. She is eating fine. She is eating her veggies and a few crickets and super worms. I'm going to give her a warm bath today and let her run around some, but if she hasn't pooped in a couple days, I'm taking her to the vet! I know,I know, no enemas! Right now she is basking and looking good. I'm glad she's back, because I missed her. If anyone remembers, she had an ameobic(?) infection. It seems to be completly gone now. What foods make them poop!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I want to thank everyone for your help and advice. It seems after 3 months, Mango has come out of brumation and has joined the world. For the past 5 days or so ,she has been her old self, a very sweet and happy dragon. One serious problem(I think) is that before she got sick and went into brumation, she ate regularly and also pooped once a day,on average. Since she came out, she hasn't pooped. Her appetite is great. She is eating fine. She is eating her veggies and a few crickets and super worms. I'm going to give her a warm bath today and let her run around some, but if she hasn't pooped in a couple days, I'm taking her to the vet! I know,I know, no enemas! Right now she is basking and looking good. I'm glad she's back, because I missed her. If anyone remembers, she had an ameobic(?) infection. It seems to be completly gone now. What foods make them poop!
Give her time for her digestive system to catch up- you can feed her some plain canned pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce or some raw shredded sweet potato - make sure she's hydrated that will move things along

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
Give her time for her digestive system to catch up- you can feed her some plain canned pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce or some raw shredded sweet potato - make sure she's hydrated that will move things along
Whoopie!! By the time I posted my question she pooped a large pile! I've never been happier to clean up poop in my life and I'm 71yrs old with five grandkids!!! Now her and I can get back to playing The Last of Us or maybe Fallout, who knows?
Thanks again for all the advice.

Latest posts