• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male or Female?

hkwilhelm2010

Bearded Dragon Egg
C5E4F610-6B33-4035-B4CF-83EB7E209077.jpeg
2319E075-9B06-4651-84AB-62618F884651.jpeg

Good morning!
We have a juvenile beardie that we got for my oldest son’s birthday in January. Bo (named after my sons favorite athlete, Bo Jackson) is about 5 months old. He/she is thriving, very gentle, sociable and shedding almost weekly
I am trying to find out if anyone with expertise can help us find out if she or he is a boy or girl? I looked up online, but it’s still hard for me to tell. He or she may be too young to know just yet, also.
Thanks in advantage for any help!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Too young to tell :( for me, and be careful arching the tail up that high, we actually need to see the tail not the vent, about half an inch down from their butt youll either see 2 buldges(=gonads) or you’ll see one bump/indentation (=lady bits)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Usually around the 6-8 month mark they start showing, hows the beardies temperament? That can tell you wether boy or girl , girls are usually chill, where as boys are usually all over the place bobbing.

hkwilhelm2010

Bearded Dragon Egg
Usually around the 6-8 month mark they start showing, hows the beardies temperament? That can tell you wether boy or girl , girls are usually chill, where as boys are usually all over the place bobbing.
Very chill and laid back. Always friendly and loves to be held. We’ve never experienced the beardie getting upset, so far, other than the first soak in the sink. Lol.

hkwilhelm2010

Bearded Dragon Egg
Usually around the 6-8 month mark they start showing, hows the beardies temperament? That can tell you wether boy or girl , girls are usually chill, where as boys are usually all over the place
Too young to tell :( for me, and be careful arching the tail up that high, we actually need to see the tail not the vent, about half an inch down from their butt youll either see 2 buldges(=gonads) or you’ll see one bump/indentation (=lady bits)
The beardie is very chill and laid back. Friendly and loves to be held. I’ve never lifted its tail before, but was only mimicking photos I saw online to try and tell better. He or she was totally calm and didn’t seem uncomfortable for the brief second I snapped a photo. I’ll wait another couple months and see if I can check again.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Probably too young to tell at this point. Use the flashlight method to tell the gender when he/she is old enough. You could even try now.

Latest posts