• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

doki_doki_dragon

Hatchling Dragon
I have a male bearded dragon about 5 years old. Ive only been with him for a couple months-a year, the original owners (my dad and brother) were not too keen on taking care of him.

I don't know what clogged or healthy femoral pore should look. I've taken some pictures but it's hard when he is so active and squirmy.

Please comment on if his femoral pores are unhealthy and how I can fix it. Also, tips for cleaning/keeping the vent clean would be helpful. Thanks

Attachments

• ED4571AA-6DCA-4A27-BA51-00DB96602107.jpeg
    ED4571AA-6DCA-4A27-BA51-00DB96602107.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • C9F07C63-A919-46CF-96D9-A802E4497470.jpeg
    C9F07C63-A919-46CF-96D9-A802E4497470.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a male bearded dragon about 5 years old. Ive only been with him for a couple months-a year, the original owners (my dad and brother) were not too keen on taking care of him.

I don't know what clogged or healthy femoral pore should look. I've taken some pictures but it's hard when he is so active and squirmy.

Please comment on if his femoral pores are unhealthy and how I can fix it. Also, tips for cleaning/keeping the vent clean would be helpful. Thanks
The one on the right is really clogged - the one on the left is getting there -- soak in a warm betadine solution make it look like a weak tea --- 15 minutes get them nice a soft- you can do this for a few days to get them softened up then gently squeeze them - when they are really plugged like that they should come out after getting them softened up - make sure they have something coarse for a decor piece to rub on that will help keep them open - I had a issue w/ Hiccups getting real plugged like that and I soaked him for a few days and then got them unplugged by gently squeezing them and they came right out --

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Basically what sadie said, nice long baths for a good 15 maybe even 30 minutes daily. You can use a baby toothbrush and scrub them a couple times to get them unclogged, or even use tweezers to try and get them out. When you're squeezing them if they aren't budging at all and your beardie starts to squirm, leave it, it's still not soft enough to come out and you can always try the next day.

Latest posts