• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male beardie died, cause unknown

aussielizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I bought a male and female breeding pair at a reptile show, they said the female was 3(very healthy and alive) and the male was about 4(he died a few months ago). The male died a year after I got them both. They were housed in separate cages on top of one another and the male beardie started out very strong and healthy looking. They both received the same food. They had different lightbulbs, she had classic 2 different light set up, one heat lamp, one for UVB, he had a bulb off of amazon that was high watt and supposed to double at heat lamp and UVB. His appetite never as good as the females while I had him, it was hard to get him to eat vegetables. He basically slowly lost all muscle tone and at the end he was skin and bones and we were in denial and thought he was in brumation because he started to sleep all the time and didn't want to eat although I tried to give him superworms everyday. I am thinking I fed him a bad feeder insect that started this horrible spiral, I didn't realize how bad he was until I looked at pictures I took when I first got him. It has been driving me crazy because I don't know the cause of his death, and I didn't go into panic mode until it was too late... RIP Draco :( Does anyone have any theories?

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
The uvb needs to not be a all in one deal, heat and uvb should be two completely different lighting fixtures, and don’t use the coil bulbs, they’re pointless. Only real way to know for sure is have a necropsy done. I’m really sorry for the loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aussielizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
The uvb needs to not be a all in one deal, heat and uvb should be two completely different lighting fixtures, and don’t use the coil bulbs, they’re pointless. Only real way to know for sure is have a necropsy done. I’m really sorry for the loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015HU2HF8/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
Would this lightbulb be an adequate replacement for a spiral UVB bulb? This would fit my light fixture but the big tube would not.. I'll buy a new fixture if I must

Latest posts