• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Major stress issues outside

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Does anyone else have a beardie that gets really stressed out outside? we live in the countryside so its

very quiet and peaceful in our garden but when i take willow outside her beard instantly turns black

and she gets black stress marks all over her normally white stomach and tail. She also watches the sky

intently for birds, i don't think her last owner ever exposed her to the outdoors, is it likely she'll ever

be comfortable in the great outdoors? :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is all strange to her & will likely become more comfortable with it. It isn't the best of plans to have her running free in the garden. Fire/lightning bugs are deadly to BDs, other bugs that it may ingest, may carry parasites. It is natural for her to watch the sky for predators.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Cass wanted to hide almost the whole time we were outside yesterday. Cleo looked like she was lovin it though.

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
gucci hates outside :/ i have no idea why she sits for a few mins the freaks out she doesnt seem to like the sun :/
first trip to the vets it was sunny and she was sat on my lap in the sun she was black the entire time and anoyed
the next trip was cooler with no sun and she was much happier :/ so i have no idea what her isuue is lol

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
It is all strange to her & will likely become more comfortable with it. It isn't the best of plans to have her running free in the garden. Fire/lightning bugs are deadly to BDs, other bugs that it may ingest, may carry parasites. It is natural for her to watch the sky for predators.

I live in the U.k so there are no fireflies or lightening bugs, she stays in my hands the whole time i wouldn't let her wander. Our back garden is patio so its easy to spot approaching threats like bugs she could snap up :L is it more common for a natural coloured beardie to have stronger natural instincts? its a question i've pondered for a while

Latest posts