• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lump on chin

Mommabear1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi my bearded dragon has a hard lump on left side of his chin. What is it and what can I do to help him? I do have a vet appointment but that is over 2 weeks out.

Attachments

• 20220614_104928.jpg
    20220614_104928.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220614_104853.jpg
    20220614_104853.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi my bearded dragon has a hard lump on left side of his chin. What is it and what can I do to help him? I do have a vet appointment but that is over 2 weeks out.
I am not sure what that is --- let me get some help -- in the meantime please go over your UVB your using a coil or a long tube fixture where its placed in the tank -- basking surface temps what are they and how are you taking them?

Mommabear1

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am not sure what that is --- let me get some help -- in the meantime please go over your UVB your using a coil or a long tube fixture where its placed in the tank -- basking surface temps what are they and how are you taking them?
I'm using coil and it's on top of tank. Temps all gauged by temp gauges placed on back glass in center of tank.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm using coil and it's on top of tank. Temps all gauged by temp gauges placed on back glass in center of tank.
Ok please get rid of the coil as soon as you can --- are you using a 26 watt Reptisun coil or a 13 watt? If you are using the 13 watt get rid of it--- they are a health hazard to your dragon-- they do not provide adequate UVB at all --- you actually want a long tube fixture --- they are the best UVB's --- here are some websites to get them -- check Pet Smart if you have one in your town they have started carrying this fixture and it is a good one I am posting the website for you https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...reptile-prot5-uv-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500202 this is the 24 watt
or this fixture it comes w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up but the distance and placement for this bulb is different from the bulb you need for a tank of 40 + gallon -- you want the 24" fixture https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 and this bulb 22" https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...d-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5?variant=26907418591332
I recommend getting this as soon as you can and when you do replace it please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for your tank --- depending on the screen on your tank will determine where the UVB needs to go --
as far as temp gauges please get 2 digital probe thermometers -- you need one for you basking side - you want surface basking temps of 95-100 for adults / juvies-- cool side 80's during the day --- no colored bulbs for heat please -- no off white or yellowish or daytime bulbs for basking - the daytime bulbs have a coating on them called neoyidium which is bad for the eyes --
examples of basking bulbs would be like Flukers -- Exo Terra Intense -- Zoo Med Repti basking or Arcadia Halogen

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The person I enlisted help replied w/ this

I can't see much of a bump, in these cases it's best to see what the vet says. Otherwise he looks healthy + alert and is also a nice boy. :)

Latest posts