• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lump on beardies back

David C

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, please help I recently rescued 3 dragons that were uncared for, 2 are fine. But 1 has a big lump on the bottom of his back, his last owner said it was MBD through lack of calcium, which confused me because I let him out daily and he runs around a lot and seems fine. I've had her 9 days and she has been eating 3/4 locusts or 3/4 crickets a day and 4/5 mealworms, she wil not have anything to do with fruit/veg. She is 17 inches long. I bathed her today and the lump now looks sore she has been shedding parts of her skin .please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 359

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking you might wanna have a vet look at that

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah, a vet visit should be in the near future. Looks like a tumor and maybe a burn. Not really sure though.

beardieX0

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Try neosporin in the mean time since it is an opened wound. Just put it on with a q-tip and try not to soak it to much so you don't disturb any healing. I hope everything goes okay with the vet :/ keep us updated. Glad she's still eating something though!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Poor baby. Keep the area as clean as you can get it and know that it'll take a long time for the lump to heal.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The lump looks like an abcess, and will likely need to be opened and cleaned. Possibly more problematic is the discoloured scales below and to the side. Hopefully it's nothing but ask the doctor about possible fungal infection. In the meantime, I would recommend keeping this animal separate from the others.