• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lowering my beardie's tank humidity in florida

Pest

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys, usually my tank's humidity sits at 39-42 but the last day its spiked up to high 40s. I do not keep a water bowl in her tank for her because I live in florida and the humidity would hike up massively, she also does not deign to drink out of a water bowl even though she knows how lol. But I do not think anything has changed in her tank, nor in my room. The temp is a little higher in the house, sitting around 75 but the humidity in the house is 66% right now and my family has no way of changing it they said. I bought a mini dehumidifier but it broke pretty quickly and only dehumidified it by a few. Can you guys recommend any dehumidifiers? Also ways to lower humidity in my room/her tank that I haven't done already? I already have a rice sock in there, maybe I should add more. I've added her tank below, I know its kind of bare bones but she walks everywhere she wants in my house so she gets plenty of ways to climb. Plus I was recommended to remove all hard surfaces from her tank because of her eye problem and how she will itch it on stuff.
1637269932093.png

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi guys, usually my tank's humidity sits at 39-42 but the last day its spiked up to high 40s. I do not keep a water bowl in her tank for her because I live in florida and the humidity would hike up massively, she also does not deign to drink out of a water bowl even though she knows how lol. But I do not think anything has changed in her tank, nor in my room. The temp is a little higher in the house, sitting around 75 but the humidity in the house is 66% right now and my family has no way of changing it they said. I bought a mini dehumidifier but it broke pretty quickly and only dehumidified it by a few. Can you guys recommend any dehumidifiers? Also ways to lower humidity in my room/her tank that I haven't done already? I already have a rice sock in there, maybe I should add more. I've added her tank below, I know its kind of bare bones but she walks everywhere she wants in my house so she gets plenty of ways to climb. Plus I was recommended to remove all hard surfaces from her tank because of her eye problem and how she will itch it on stuff.View attachment 30828
oK Please get some more basking decor for the dragon -- check out Pet Smart they have great decor --- she / he needs a hide --- also please get a digital probe hygrometer - Zoo Med makes them place on the back center wall of the tank it will read the whole tank -- the humidity in the tank is fine as long as its not below 20% and not above 70% --- here is a pic of one of my tanks most every thing came from Petsmart w/ the exception of the large hide under the UVB

Attachments

• Blaze tank 9-20-2021.jpg
    Blaze tank 9-20-2021.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 10

Pest

Bearded Dragon Egg
oK Please get some more basking decor for the dragon -- check out Pet Smart they have great decor --- she / he needs a hide --- also please get a digital probe hygrometer - Zoo Med makes them place on the back center wall of the tank it will read the whole tank -- the humidity in the tank is fine as long as its not below 20% and not above 70% --- here is a pic of one of my tanks most every thing came from Petsmart w/ the exception of the large hide under the UVB
Yes I have a digital thermometer and a digital hygrometer that I kept but that actually broke last week. I just need to wait for the new one to get here!

Latest posts