• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Low weight

Wendyj

Hatchling Dragon
Hello new friends! I adopted Lucy on 1/27/17. She is a cutie. Eats all of her salad and a few crickets. We're switching her to Dubia's. Her temps are good, lighting is good. Very active. She's doing well. I gave her her first bath then weighed her. She is only 200 grams and 2 years old. Is that to thin? She is kinda tiny.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Can you post a photo of Lucy? It's easier to see if they are over or underweight as opposed to going off of averages for age, since no two dragons are alike.

A healthy appetite is a good sign. The only real issue comes with weight loss despite food intake. If she keeps eating for you, but loses weight instead of gaining or maintaining, that would shoot up a red flag.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wendyj

Hatchling Dragon
image.jpeg
Here is my lil lady. I haven't measured her length yet. I appreciate your taking time to answer me.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi. she is small so will weigh less than some older beardies that are bigger. from this angle she does not look underweight to me. she could use to gain a bit - but not worrisomely thin. good nutrition will help. keep weighing her - make sure that her weight goes up ( like eavlynn said)

Wendyj

Hatchling Dragon
Canicke thank you. The last two days she has gobbled up her salads. With hope I'll fatten her up and have a nice little Buddha belly!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Cute dragon.. Can you tell us the details of your set up? you say temps good: what are they? what basking and UVB are you using? We love pictures and glad to hear your switching over to dubia they are awesome feeders!! have a ton of them here :)

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lucy looks pretty good, she's just a little gal. The way she's been eating for you, she shouls start putting on a bit of weight. The dubia will help with that too.

Wendyj

Hatchling Dragon
Currently she is under a Reptisun 10.0, 100 watt basking bulb. Basking temps are 100-101. Mid tank is 90-95 and cooler side is right at 85. We had to add a ceramic heat emitter to the basking/mid section of the tank and have it set at 80. When it reaches temp desired it shuts off and continually monitors coming on if needed. The reason we did this is the tank has no lid and our house is cold and we were having a hard time keeping temps. Since we did this she is much more active. We've made a semi lid with screen and wood trim. Eventually she will get a custom viv like our other Beardie has. As we just adopted her I can't say what her temps were before but I guess they were correct.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Currently she is under a Reptisun 10.0, 100 watt basking bulb. Basking temps are 100-101. Mid tank is 90-95 and cooler side is right at 85. We had to add a ceramic heat emitter to the basking/mid section of the tank and have it set at 80. When it reaches temp desired it shuts off and continually monitors coming on if needed. The reason we did this is the tank has no lid and our house is cold and we were having a hard time keeping temps. Since we did this she is much more active. We've made a semi lid with screen and wood trim. Eventually she will get a custom viv like our other Beardie has. As we just adopted her I can't say what her temps were before but I guess they were correct.
Temps can't get any closer to perfect than what you have set up :) she's lucky to have found such a great beardie parent.

Wendyj

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you so much. We are worry warts regarding our fur/scale babies. We are so in love with our lil lady already.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you so much. We are worry warts regarding our fur/scale babies. We are so in love with our lil lady already.
Everyone here can relate with you. We all worry :) It seems all you have to do is lay eyes on them, and they've already stolen your heart.

Latest posts