• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

lost rex today

busybees

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
today i had to have Rex put to sleep,he had been a poorly dragon since i got him a year ago,he never rally grew as he had calcium problems,he was on calci shots,but the vet said it was time to let him go
i will miss him so much,thanks for all your help and support you have given me in the past
Anne
xx

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
oh my gosh...................
i'm sooooooooo sorry.

don't let that keep you from caring for another little one.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
im sorry to hear about rex, at least you did all you could to help the little fella,

paul

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Anne I am truly sorry for your loss. Believe me when I tell you that I know how heartbreaking it is.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh, Anne. What a difficult situation to be in. Find comfort in knowing that you did everything that you could. You gave him a loving home for the past year and surrounded him with your love. He is in peace now and no longer suffering. Relish the memories you have.

You are in our thoughts.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Anne... Let the memories of him wrap around you like a warm blanket on a cool night...
Let the sun rise on a new day, yet keep in mind the sunset from the day before..
((((((ANNE))))))
Hope that helps a bit.
Janie

busybees

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thank you for all your kind words, i keep looking at his empty viv,its strange how lost you feel,and how empty
they do get to you dont they xx

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I feel you pain. Every time I go in storage and see Bernie's viv, I get choked up and it's been well over a year. These little ones tug at our hearts and are part of the family.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So sorry, it is sad when you loose a pet, they really become a part of your family.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We had a dog for 14 years. Her name was Shelby. Though she was the family dog, she took to me the most. When the day came that we had to have her put down (due to medical reasons beyond fixing), it affected me much more than I thought it was going to. I literally could hear her for days....even months later. Time has helped heal the wound, but there are still random moments when I expect to see her run up to me and want to wrestle. She became more than just a pet. As already mentioned, she was part of the family. And when you lose a member of the family, a part of you seems to get torn away. And like a normal wound, it takes time to heal.

The scar is what keeps the memories flowing.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I too lost my dog after 14 years, I found her dead, she went to sleep and did not wake up. I did not get to say good bye and think that is what hurts the most. She was my baby, I found her as a stray puppy. I hate to say it but 2 years later I still cry sometimes when i see her pictures or think about her.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We also had to put our dog Zach down. He got run over by a train when he was 2 and lost one of his hind quarters. He went on to live another 12 years. It never slowed him down and after a short while we never noticed it. I will tell you that for me it was like losing a child. It took me a very long time to stop mourning. But time does make such things easier to bear. I am so sorry for your loss!!

Latest posts