• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lost a lot of weight through Brumation

Michael-Dean

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all,

I'm a little worried of how much weight my dragon has lost during Brumation. I have kept her hydrated as best I could but she is still pretty sleepy and not eating much. Her fat pads have also sunken in and she has been this way for the last couple of months. Should I take her to the vet to be safe? Thoughts? She is a year old and I am confident in the lighting and heat in her enclosure.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Hello all,

I'm a little worried of how much weight my dragon has lost during Brumation. I have kept her hydrated as best I could but she is still pretty sleepy and not eating much. Her fat pads have also sunken in and she has been this way for the last couple of months. Should I take her to the vet to be safe? Thoughts? She is a year old and I am confident in the lighting and heat in her enclosure.
Yes to a vet visit. If she's losing weight, she potentially has parasites, or something else is wrong that needs intervention.

Latest posts