• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Loss ofAppetite

CRichey

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've noticed for the last 4 to 5 days my juvenile beardie has gone from eating 5 to 8 crickets twice a day to only 1 to 3 twice daily. He seems fine otherwise. I did notice some blood in his stool yesterday but haven't noticed any since. He is shedding right now. Is this typical for shedding?

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The loss of appetite can be from the shedding. The shedding wouldnt cause bloody stool i wouldnt think. I would have to guess parasites but im no vet. They can cause both symptoms. Maybe someone with a little more expertise can weigh in.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I know that some things they eat can affect the look of their stools...has he eaten anything red lately like strawberries? If not, when in doubt I'd probably get him in to see a herp vet.

CRichey

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm really hoping it's the shedding. Seeing our nearest herp vet is an hour away. :( he just ate 3 crickets and no bloody stool. So I'm hoping I'm just being overprotective. Lol

Latest posts