• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Loss of appetite

sarcam20

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi. My bearded dragon(F) is around 4 years old. I got them when they were around 2.

In the last month, they have stopped eating almost completely. They have stopped eating greens and fruits and veggies if any kind. They even turned down crickets a few times. I got them to eat hornworms though. I was hoping they were just being picky. That’s not unusual for them. However, I just returned from a 4 day trip(during which a pet sitter watched them) and seeing her after being away made me realize they have lost weight, so I am now freaking out. I am going to call the vet and make an appointment, but I am so worried. My vet is four hours away and doesn’t open until Monday, so if anybody has a situations PLEASE tell me.

I have tried to adjust the lighting and temp in the tank but am having difficulty getting it exactly right. I have two 100 watt lightbulbs. One is over the basking spot, but it still doesn’t get above 90 on his basking rock. For some reason I can’t get the temp to be consistent, but it ranges from 90-100 in that are. It is around 80 on the cooler side. I also replaced my UVB strip light bulb. Any advice on getting the temp right in my tank would also be great.

Thank you

Latest posts