• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for Advice on Preventing Parasites

yfandes5_

Bearded Dragon Egg
The UVB is a good one --- where in the tank is it? If the screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be inside 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- if its a wide hole type top of screen is fine distance 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor - the almond sand I have never heard of some loose substrates are toxic to dragons like crushed walnut shell - or coconut fiber causes RI because of the dust -- fall is coming so that could be a reason for the earlier bedtime
I agree. I’ve rescued beardies for 7 yrs. NO substrate that is ingestible (anything other than Repti-carpet or paper towels) has any business being in a Beardie enclosure! I’ve never fed pumpkin to a Beardie, tho I’m sure it isn’t harMful. Some Beardies do struggle with constipation in captivity - my recipe to address? baby food butternut squash, coconut oil (1 drop!) & Emeraids Herbivore Sustain mix for assist feeds are my go to’s.

Can you let the Beardie out of their enclosure to run around for a bit? Or put a harness on & take outside for 3-4 days a week for 20 mins or so to ensure adequate UVB? Fed a salad mix with a favorable Ca to Phos ratio (dandelion greens, kale & collards, in that order)? Soaking 3-4x/week for 20 mins or so to ensure adequate hydration? Ensured temps are appropriate in the enclosure & UVB is adequate? Not losing weight - just not eating & doesn’t look sick? Perhaps brumating which is normal!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Latest posts