• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lola and the swiffer vac.

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I wish I could have vacuumed and taken pics at the same time... Today I found out that not only is the cat afraid of the swiffer vac, but Lola is too. I had her out and on the rug while I was vacuuming the hardwood, and she went as flat as I have ever seen her go, her beard was blacker then black. I picked her up and she bobbed at me. In her two years I have never seen her get this mad, or head bob.

Any of your beardies hate the vac too?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm...Now that I think about it, I think Bernie used to go behind his bartending log when I vacuumed.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nope...not much bothered Spyro. The only thing that got to him when he was young was red nail polish. Couldnt wear red until he was about two years old. Strangest thing ever.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't have one of the floor kind, but I do use a hand vac on occasion.. and oh boy... beards all around... high note however, they all like to ride on the dustmop !
Janie

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
li said:
Nope...not much bothered Spyro. The only thing that got to him when he was young was red nail polish. Couldnt wear red until he was about two years old. Strangest thing ever.

funny you say that, the kid has these speakers that light up when music is played through them. Lola tries to eat the red lights when they blink. She also attacked one of parkers pinkish-red feather toys... must be a red thing

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red is an attractant for dragons when it comes to foods... like red bell peppers, strawberries, raspberries.. makes sense.
Janie

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup...one of Spyro's favorite foods...raspberries!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine are not afraid of the vacuum at all!!! I vacuum their enclosures every night(or if I'm lazy first thing in the morning!!!) I have done it since they were young so they just expect it and know it will soon be lights out or breakfast time soon!!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Poor Slyder is around the kids and other pets all day as his viv is in the living room so NOTHING scares him anymore. But Oscar on the other hand is scared of his shadow. When I vacuum the bedroom he hides under his basking platform and flattens out.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Stubbs chases the vacuum from inside his Viv....back and forth....back and forth...it really is quite amazing !!!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Harley D said:
Stubbs chases the vacuum from inside his Viv....back and forth....back and forth...it really is quite amazing !!!

Ha! That's funny....

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just as funny as a dragon riding the dust mop.. bath time follows shortly after for some odd reason...
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Just as funny as a dragon riding the dust mop.. bath time follows shortly after for some odd reason...
Janie

Heck yeah....that's hilarious! Where's the video link? ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That would require a video camera.. of which for some odd reason.. I seem to have misplaced... didn't think I could make it out the store without security behind me... lol
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
That would require a video camera.. of which for some odd reason.. I seem to have misplaced... didn't think I could make it out the store without security behind me... lol
Janie

LOL! If you'd have the video camera running while this was in progress....it could very well be worth the trip down town. :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Riiiight like you are gonna bail me out ?
Janie

As long as you still have the video camera, it's just an adventure. Right? LOL!

Latest posts