• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Locusts

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So if you could get a colony of these going would you? I know they are widely used in areas other than the US. I have to do more reasearch on the seller but I may be able to purchase or rather trade for locusts. May do it anyway just to see what I think of them but I wanted to get input from others as well.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Go For it Bri,

It's more natural for them than crix

Crix - noctural
Locust - diurnal
Dragon - diurnal

My boy goes nuts for them when I throw them in the tank, I've never seen him hunt or move as fast as when he's chasing locust.
;)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like I may get 300 mixed and see if I can get a colony of them going. I have to sit down and research how to care for them appropriately (heating, food, size of container, and how to keep the things from hopping out of their container when I open it). Figuring I will start by setting them up the same way I would setup a new roach colony and go from there.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Go for it.

Maybe you can do a step by step on how to breed locusts with some pics for s sticky for the forum ???

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Go for it.

Maybe you can do a step by step on how to breed locusts with some pics for s sticky for the forum ???

I have a few weeks to decide (gotta buy my shipping supplies for the year). I have to figure out if I really want to do this. I wish I knew someone that had knowledge on American desert locusts that I could trust. I have no reason not to trust the guy selling them other than me just not knowing him.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I kept a small colony of locusts. 500 or less. My biggest complaint was the amount of food it takes. Feed em, or they'll eat each other.

i'd get my info together, but before i planned on trying to breed them, i'd see if i could stand to raise them.

Latest posts