• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lizza laid eggs.

Tawana

Bearded Dragon Egg
My daughter woke my and husband and me up in the middle of the night to tell us our girl beardie had laid eggs. Seems like it came out of nowhere.

We aren’t really too sure what to do. We moved the eggs out of the cage (we’ve heard they will eat the babies). We put them in a a bowl with plant dirt. Beyond that, we are not really sure how to care for them.

Anyone had experience with their dragon laying eggs?

Freddie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Unless you have a male that she has bred with, the eggs will be sterile.
Do you have a male?

Freddie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Unless you have a male that she has bred with, the eggs will be sterile.
Do you have a male?
Nevermind. I see you do have a boy. Have you ever seen them mate?
I've heard female can lay eggs without breeding.

Freddie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Interesting.
Do you know roughly how old your boy and girl are?
I eventually want to breed, but I'm studying and gathering as much information as I can.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Female dragons can lay eggs without mating, the eggs would be infertile. My suggestion would to just freeze these eggs and toss them. If you want to breed in the future that is fine, but I would do lots of research and be prepared with an incubator and some good bug colonies going. Babies eat a TON so the most economical thing to do is to raise your own bugs.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If your going to breed make sure you have all bases covered..housing, lighting, heat, food for all of those little mouths..loads of responsibility.

Latest posts