• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Living up to his name...

Jessieb910

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm worried about LIttle Man he seems too... little. He's about 5 1/2 months old and he's only shed twice in the 4 1/2 months I've had him. He's only 8" or 20cm from nose to tail. is that normal cause the ones at the pet store are 3 months and almost 2 times as big. He eats his crickets everyday so he's not starving but I want to know if something is off.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are the temps and type of UVB used?
Substrate?
Supplements?
Greens fed?
Bugs fed? How many?

Jessieb910

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The light is an Exo Terra I think 100
The tank bottem is paper towel
He has calsium & multivitamen supplements
He eats broccili about 2 times a week as 3-4 week crickets as many as he'll eat and sometimes as a treat Superworms.

Jessieb910

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
But is he really small? He seems healthy he's active and eats... a lot. He's not from a pet store.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nose to tail
if that indicates nose to tip end of tail............then he is just a little small. But dragons grow at different rates. Their genetics and the size of their parents have much to do with it. It is also dependant on his time to relocate, which can temporarily slow the growth rate. I'll assume you haven't had him long?
As long as he is eating and basking and getting proper UVB, he is growing. And will quickly double his size....he's just gonna do it on his time.....not ours.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Based on the size you indicated and his age, he does seem a bit on the small side.

Regardless, you will need a UV light for him to thrive. Without one, he could get into some serious trouble.

Also, can you clear up for me his eating schedule? Is salad offered daily? Salad being greens (collard, mustard) and veggies (squash, peppers, carrots, red cabbage).

And what is meant by crickets 3-4? Is that 3-4 times per week? A 5 month old dragon should be eating crickets daily - 2-3 times per day.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Once you get the lighting straightened out... might wanna try feeding off this list...
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
Green coded for daily, Black coded for snacks 1-2 times weekly.

Also... if you are able, try to get Dubia roaches... a much better feeder by far...
I raised all of mine from the time I got them on dubias... and I gots some Monsters ;)

Janie

Latest posts