• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Live BSFL in beardie poop

Kimberly Case

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, Yoshi took a big poop this morning and there were 6 or 7 live BSFL crawling in her poop. I've posted on fb beardie sites and nobody has heard if this. I've upped basking temps. Anyone ever heard of this? Should i be concerned?

Kimberly Case

Bearded Dragon Egg
We are using the heat and humidity temp gauge. We do have a digital with probe I use to check temps usually once a day. Shes been basking at 105-110 F. If I do 110-115 she hides like it's too hot. She is around 5 months old.

Kimberly Case

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so the digital probe is good for cool side you might want to invest in a infrared heat gun from walmart home depot lowes they are around $10 and the most accurate to get basking heat temps--- the temp is good at 105-110--- it may be she ate too many at one time and couldnt digest them all
kaylyn
Thank you! She's a pig and inhales her food. Right after the poop she dug into her salad and acting normal. Just wanted to make sure i didn't need an emergency vet visit

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Beardies tend to not chew the BSFL, especially if they are wolfing them down. The downside to this is that if the worm comes out whole, the beardie didn't get any nutrients from it. My solution has been to put some small salad pieces in the worm dish with them -- greens do best, and not wet - a wet BSFL can crawl right out of that dish. The salad slows him down a bit, and there's a better chance of actual chewing. :0)