• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Limited diet

greenbarbapapa

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 2yr old beardie will only eat Morio worms, ignores roaches, crickets etc. Doesnt seem to eat much salad either? He seems healthy enough though. Any thoughts or advice welcome x

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My 2yr old beardie will only eat Morio worms, ignores roaches, crickets etc. Doesnt seem to eat much salad either? He seems healthy enough though. Any thoughts or advice welcome x
He needs a good balanced diet- super worms are a treat worm and it's like feeding candy- more salads and a staple feeder- try silk worms or calci worms- those are staple feeders - what type of greens are you feeding

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! You may have to wait him out a bit. If you're feeding often, wait a day or so then offer something different. When he's good and hungry he should be more open to alternatives

greenbarbapapa

Bearded Dragon Egg
He needs a good balanced diet- super worms are a treat worm and it's like feeding candy- more salads and a staple feeder- try silk worms or calci worms- those are staple feeders - what type of greens are you feeding
Generally a mixture which I vary but including Spinach, rocket,butternut squash, pak Choi,courgette, different types of lettuce and mixed Leaves, peppers. Will try calci or silk worms.
I have kept giving him Morio as I would rather r he ate something rather than nothing….

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Generally a mixture which I vary but including Spinach, rocket,butternut squash, pak Choi,courgette, different types of lettuce and mixed Leaves, peppers. Will try calci or silk worms.
I have kept giving him Morio as I would rather r he ate something rather than nothing….
They wont starve themselves -- please NO more spinach -- did I post a website for nutrition if not here it is
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Ignore the kale info its outdated