• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

lights for my tank??

pat

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello people..

im getting im first bearded dragon in a few weeks.

.im buying a tank in a couple of days i plan on getting this tank

Combo_Ellmau_Beech48.jpg size
  • Vivarium dimensions = 1220 x 470 x 525mm (LxDxH)
  • Cabinet dimensions = 960 x 326 x 665 mm (LxDxH)
but i dont no what wattage of light i need for the tank??
i was looking at these

Euro-rep_basking-spot-lamp.jpg

compact_bulbs_50.jpg

would this lights be ok for my tank??

thanks....

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You will need a minimum of 10% uvb. I personally use 12% Arcadia UVB tube with D3, but depending on where you are depends on what sort of lighting you can get. The 100 watt Basking bulb would be ok too, but a normal 100watt spot light from your local supermarket does the same job at a fraction of the cost. Your temps will need to be 95-110 degrees at the hot end/basking area and 80-85 degrees at your cool end.

pat

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello dragonsx6..
i live in the north of scotland where its can be cold.
i will have look at that UVB tube lights..

thanks again...

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hello dragonsx6..
i live in the north of scotland where its can be cold.
i will have look at that UVB tube lights..

thanks again...
:) where up north are you? I'm in clackmannanshire and have family in Morayshire.
I got my first 12% from Ebay but I now get it from my wee local reptile shop. I know that Dobbies Garden centres also sell reptile equipment. If your temps drop bellow 60-65degrees thru the night in the winter you will need an alternative heat source for them at night too. Some people use heat mats others use a red heat lamp as the normal heatlamps disrupt their sleep. Hope this all helps :)

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Looks good but i would stay away from those coil bulbs they have allot of issues with them i would go with a florescent tube 10.0

pat

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
:) where up north are you? I'm in clackmannanshire and have family in Morayshire.
I got my first 12% from Ebay but I now get it from my wee local reptile shop. I know that Dobbies Garden centres also sell reptile equipment. If your temps drop bellow 60-65degrees thru the night in the winter you will need an alternative heat source for them at night too. Some people use heat mats others use a red heat lamp as the normal heatlamps disrupt their sleep. Hope this all helps :)

im from the north east..aberdeen

Latest posts