• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting

phill

Bearded Dragon Egg
My viv has two uv strip lights a 2.0 and a10.0 the 10.0 is a bluish colour should this one be closet to the shelves where they sit or the 2.0? At the moment the 2.0 is at the rear nearer the shelves is this a problem

TheGuvnor

Hatchling Dragon
Or just get a 12% tube and put it at the basking end :). If you can't, then put that 10% there instead.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

phill

Bearded Dragon Egg
The lights go the full length of the viv nearly is this ok
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375205393.033099.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A 2.0 provides no more UVB than a regular fluorescent tube & is only suggested to provide added ambient light. Nothing more than a Money grab by the manufacturer, when an ordinary cheaper fluorescent will do the same thing. It is the 10.0 that will provide the UVB needed & must cover the Basking area.

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

UVB Setup

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Latest posts