• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting

Mk123

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m new to this forum so please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong section but here goes,my setup at the minute looks like this but I’m looking to go to a bioactive setup for my 2 year old beardie (recently adopted) and I was in need of some advice as regards lighting, plant lighting in particular. I currently have the usual 100w basking bulb and a reptisun 10 uv bulb, any advice on a bulb (tube or led) greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62

Venow

Hatchling Dragon
if you can install the tube uvb a d off set it you only want the uvb to cover 3/4 of the tank a d for a tank that night get a temp gun make sure the hit side is at proper temps keep both lights on the same side of the tank

Mk123

Bearded Dragon Egg
All the other lighting is in order (basking bulb and uvb tube and has been for a long time, my question is primarily regarding extra lights if any to support live plants as it will be a bioactive setup I’ll be switching to, I’ve read that the jungle dawn led is a decent choice, anyone had any experience with these

Venow

Hatchling Dragon
I would not put live plants in there your dragons might eat them from what I seen and read every one says to use fake plants

Mk123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you venow, That’s exactly the idea fella, to encourage natural behaviours have him pick at and eat them, careful plant and herb selection would be done with extreme caution as not to poison the little fella, replace as and when necessary, I think the closer to nature the better.

HaggridTheBearded

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you venow, That’s exactly the idea fella, to encourage natural behaviours have him pick at and eat them, careful plant and herb selection would be done with extreme caution as not to poison the little fella, replace as and when necessary, I think the closer to nature the better.

I have not seen much about Bioactive viv for Breadies on here. I am also quite interested in the idea myself but have not seen much mention of it here.

Maybe try searching using the term bioactive?

Mk123

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have not seen much about Bioactive viv for Breadies on here. I am also quite interested in the idea myself but have not seen much mention of it here.

Maybe try searching using the term bioactive?
Finally after a bit more research I finally went for it, just waiting on plant delivery, the introduce the little fella to his new home, any advice welcome.

Attachments

• 7D37F45A-ACA5-4755-88A2-1E95473982D4.jpeg
    7D37F45A-ACA5-4755-88A2-1E95473982D4.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 29

Mk123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you Kaitlyn, the enclosure is finished and he’s moved in, not too happy about it at the minute though, not a fan of change.

Attachments

• 40C658E8-2479-466E-ABFE-819021911C6B.jpeg
    40C658E8-2479-466E-ABFE-819021911C6B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23