• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting setup?

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
F3DF3D97-A44F-4B39-AE01-85AF7CBB9DA1.jpeg
Good lighting setup? Is this a good UVB or a bad UVB? going to the pet store tmrw so please let me know

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 25122Good lighting setup? Is this a good UVB or a bad UVB? going to the pet store tmrw so please let me know
Those are the worst! Please replace w/ a zoo med 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 ASAP- let me know when you get it I will help you get it placed in the tank- distance and placement is crucial

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
Those are the worst! Please replace w/ a zoo med 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 ASAP- let me know when you get it I will help you get it placed in the tank- distance and placement is crucial
Ok thank you you are a lifesaver

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://zoomed.com/t5-reptisun-led-uvb-terrarium-hood/&psig=AOvVaw2mZt_7mPPGCZoOjxdayzpL&ust=1610593468243000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCKjr4rD2l-4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAO are these any good?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would think so but you need the 10.0 bulb--- it comes w/ the 5.0 like the one I posted so make sure you get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb
You know let me check don't order it yet-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will get w/ you tomorrow- I am not sure about those colored lights they have in the hood

I will get w/ you tomorrow- I am not sure about those colored lights they have in the hood
They are still fairly new and I don't know much about them. The UVB portion is a regular T5. It includes LEDs that are supposedly broad spectrum and provide good/safe visible light, but I don't know about these in particular. I've heard mixed things about LEDs in the past, but they are constantly evolving and getting better. My guess is that these are pretty good, but would advise a lot of observation. If hiding behavior is seen or if vision problems start to occur, then I'd turn the LEDs off if that portion is separate from the T5 tube.
This was what I got from someone that is pretty experienced w/ lighting and such so for now its your choice but I posted what most use --

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
They are still fairly new and I don't know much about them. The UVB portion is a regular T5. It includes LEDs that are supposedly broad spectrum and provide good/safe visible light, but I don't know about these in particular. I've heard mixed things about LEDs in the past, but they are constantly evolving and getting better. My guess is that these are pretty good, but would advise a lot of observation. If hiding behavior is seen or if vision problems start to occur, then I'd turn the LEDs off if that portion is separate from the T5 tube.
This was what I got from someone that is pretty experienced w/ lighting and such so for now its your choice but I posted what most use --
Update... My parents wouldn’t let me get a new lighting setup as the people at the petstore said that ”the lights we have are fine”. I did manage to get a ceramic heater which I hear are good. sorry.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update... My parents wouldn’t let me get a new lighting setup as the people at the petstore said that ”the lights we have are fine”. I did manage to get a ceramic heater which I hear are good. sorry.
Your dragon will get sick. At first he may not show it because of his instincts but as time goes on he will develop mbd among lots of other health issues and eventually die-- he will quit eating as he will not be able to synethsize the calcium he's getting- pet store people do not have a clue!!! Most do not have dragons and are uneducated!! They are telling you misinformation- the heat emitter--- needs to be used ONLY if your tank is falling below 65 at nite--- dragons like it cool and dark it helps them to metabolizes their system-

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
Your dragon will get sick. At first he may not show it because of his instincts but as time goes on he will develop mbd among lots of other health issues and eventually die-- he will quit eating as he will not be able to synethsize the calcium he's getting- pet store people do not have a clue!!! Most do not have dragons and are uneducated!! They are telling you misinformation- the heat emitter--- needs to be used ONLY if your tank is falling below 65 at nite--- dragons like it cool and dark it helps them to metabolizes their system-
I’m sorry. my parents won’t let me change the lights. they had the final say today and will believe anything the pet store people say. I can’t do anything about it. I’m really sorry.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m sorry. my parents won’t let me change the lights. they had the final say today and will believe anything the pet store people say. I can’t do anything about it. I’m really sorry.
No I am sorry as your dragon will not have a chance to live a healthy life- he will have neurological (seizures) along w/ severe mbd- this bulb I recommended is crucial for his development now that he is a baby-- it's just a matter of time--

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
No I am sorry as your dragon will not have a chance to live a healthy life- he will have neurological (seizures) along w/ severe mbd- this bulb I recommended is crucial for his development now that he is a baby-- it's just a matter of time--
Ok.

Latest posts