• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting issue

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I am having a hard time getting the temp in Tyrions tank up. I have a double dome light with a 75 watt Basking light and a 15 watt UVB light. He is in a 35 gal. tank with a metal screen top. There is a spot were he can climb to get right under the basking light but it still don't seem like he is getting enough heat. Do I need more lights or higher wattage?

stinax182

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Higher wattage is the easiest way to go. And you have to make a basking spot he can reach. I found my baby doesn't climb that well to his basking spot so i got a higher wattage bulb and lowered the basking spot so he can easily reach it.

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
The Them. is showing high 80s but its not right in the hot spot of the tank which is right under the basking light. The wood is were he can climb to it easy and he sits right under it a lot but it don't seem like he is getting enough so I will go with a higher watt bulb and see how that does I will also get another them. Thank you

stinax182

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He needs a basking temp of 100-110°f. You can buy a temp gun for 13$ on ebay, that way you can temp every surface in the enclosure by holding the trigger instead of having to move the probe around and wait...

Latest posts