• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting hours

ants337

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all

Just looking for people's opinions, so during the summer beardies get 12-14hrs of heat and uv and 10-12 in the winter.
It's 19.00hrs and my lil guy has put himself.to bed on his perch, should I have the timer switch off now or keep as is 06.00-20.00.
I was thinking in the UK the clocks go back an hour sonthats when I'll start moving him onto the 10-12hrs of heat and uv..
Thoughts...discuss

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all

Just looking for people's opinions, so during the summer beardies get 12-14hrs of heat and uv and 10-12 in the winter.
It's 19.00hrs and my lil guy has put himself.to bed on his perch, should I have the timer switch off now or keep as is 06.00-20.00.
I was thinking in the UK the clocks go back an hour sonthats when I'll start moving him onto the 10-12hrs of heat and uv..
Thoughts...discuss
If he is out for the night I would shut the lights off -- your photo period sounds normal for most dragons

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
I went 7am to 7pm with the heat lamp, and I have the Uvb on from 8:30 am until 8:30pm and if u dont have a timer - get 2 it makes it so much easier ...

Latest posts