• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting and viv set up help

LizardOfOz

Bearded Dragon Egg
My new Beardie still isn't settling in too well so I'm trying to make sure everything in his viv is okay. I currently have a repti glo 8.0 (came with previous owner he claims it's 5months old) so I've ordered a Acadia 10.0 and a back reflector thing. The UVB bulb is currently mounted in the back.
- should I reposition it on the top?
- Any other recommendations?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 36

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Someone else here said to mount the bulb over the tank instead of on the side. Being on the side, more light gets into their eyes where if it's above them, their eyes are protected by the ridge over their eyes.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
What temperature is the basking area, and how are you measuring it?

Also, it looks pretty sparse in there regarding places to hide or other 'furniture'. It has a tendency to make animals feel a little unsafe being out in the open, so put in some caves, branches, logs, rocks etc.

LizardOfOz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the info guys I'm still waiting on my new bulb so I'll change it when it comes. I haven't got much in the tank at the moment. I got the whole set up and the beardie from a guy online and all tank furniture was filthy so I had to bin it. I'll slowly start putting more stuff in but I'm a bit worried about freaking him out as he's still not settled and not really eating or basking much.

Temp in the basking area is 110 in the hottest spot but there are other levels that are lower. I'm measuring it with a temp probe. I've measured the probe against a temp gun from my partners work and it's very accurate.