• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Light timers

dhall79

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Recently, our zoo med timmer started making a grinding or rattling noise. Kinda irritating as I bought it last July. Is there something better I could be using? It would seem that I am buying a new one very soon.
uploadfromtaptalk1394390509266.jpg

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Do you just have lights plugged in? I use a smaller digital plug in one. I just plug the strip into that. Got it at walmart for about $12.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can usually find the exact same thing at Lowes or Home Depot for a cheaper price. Or Walmart as recommended above.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm guessing yours is just broken or defective. I have one like that but it's from home Depot. And half of it is on a timer and other half regular power supply.

Just take yours back and exchange it or buy a new one...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just a standard timer with digital display from Home Depot or Menard's should suffice. I use the ones that have 4 timed outlets and 4 standard outlets. I think they are hit or miss. I bought one that was absolutely great and has given me no problems and I bought another one that stopped working after a few months only to start working again when I attached it to another tank.

I also have that analog timer from ZooMed, I bought it when the second one went out. I'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't make any noise!

Latest posts