• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Light bulb question !

Odyssey94

Bearded Dragon Egg
hey guys
So I’m trying to find a good brand of bulb for ody to keep her basking spot just right her enclosure is 36x18x18 she likes this high tree thing we have in her tank it’s about 4 inches from the screen top right now I have a 75 watt household bulb. On my probe thermostat it reads 105-107 but on my gun it reads 95-97. I want a light that’s great for ody but also giving the heat and light she needs.
I also keep my house at 70° so Im wondering how I’m able to keep the temperature gradient good as well
Thank you!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
hmmm. How old is Ody? I would maybe try a Par 38 flood light and see if that makes the temps more consistent.

I have a 36x18x18. I use a 75 watt ZooMed basking bulb and my basking spot is 98 degrees and the basking log is probably like 13-14" away from the light. It's the same in all 3 tanks, my dragons are all 5 and 6 years old so 98 is perfect for them.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Okay, so you need the heat on the higher side then. Do you have a third way to check the heat? Something to see which of the other two is more accurate?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So if two are saying it's in the 90's and one thing is saying it's in the 100's, my guess is the 2 are the more accurate ones.

Latest posts