• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Let's Talk Poop

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've now had Charlie for about a week and a half. In this time, he's only pooped twice! I was wondering if that's concerning. How often should he be pooping?

BUT, he DID poop today. What a nice way to find out too! I was holding him.... that's all I should say LOL. :'(

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I think you're good. Sal didn't poop for 8 days when we first brought him home. I gave him baths and nothing... then, I was getting ready to call the vet and he left a HUGE crap for me (twice the size of normal) on the 9th day. Guess he didn't want to see the vet :D

He didn't have proper temps or UVB in his previous home, and he was on sand, so we were concerned that there was a blockage - and, there might have been, if we hadn't rescued him when we did!

Sometimes they seem to slow down on eating, basking, and pooping when they go to a new home. If the poops are normal size and there is no other indication of a problem, I'd say you're ok ;D

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardie_love said:
I've now had Charlie for about a week and a half. In this time, he's only pooped twice! I was wondering if that's concerning. How often should he be pooping?

BUT, he DID poop today. What a nice way to find out too! I was holding him.... that's all I should say LOL. :'(

LOL - I can't count how many times we have been pooped on here. Usually my husband which for me is even funnier!

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Lol when we first got Princess, we took her to the pet store with us and she pooped all over Dusty. It was pretty funny.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Everyone, what I experienced, is probably the worst experience ever. It was more than just a solid crap LOL :-[

fergie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It will depend on how much / often you are feeding your beardie.

We feed our beardie a TON of dark green veggies, some super worms and for a nice treat, silk worms (kinda like MacDonald's fries) once in a while and she poops 2x week but a substantial amount.

It should also be consistent of initial clear liquid, then the dark or black as well as while in almost equal amounts.

Our beardie also LOVES red peppers (not too much), green beans, Cale, crickets, superworms and baths!

While it's gross to talk about, your beardies poop will tell you about their health so pay attention to it.

have fun!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Slyder only pooped every 3-4 days the first 2 weeks I had him.

inky22

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
mine are babies, and poop at least 2 a day big smell thing i dont believe its them that are doing it there that big and there timy lol

Latest posts