1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Health' started by Billie, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Billie

Billie Bearded Dragon Egg

my bearded dragon randomly started twitching her leg I don’t know what I should do
  2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Juvenile Dragon

Twitching could be early sign of MBD ---- what kind of UVB do you have for the tank??????????? Please post pics of tank and lighting
    kaylyn
  3. Billie

I dust flukers repti calcium on her food every two days

Attached Files:

4. kaylynangel

I am sorry is it the T 5 or T 8 and I cant tell where in the tank it is?
  5. Billie

I actually have 2 mounted to cover the whole tank. And they are t8s

Attached Files:

6. kaylynangel

So you have 2 UVB's ? The one she can sit under and the other she cant ----- you only need one and it needs to be 6-8 inches from basking --- does the fixture on the one above the brown hammock have a reflector? It doesnt look like she can get directly under it----- I would take one of them out you dont need two and make one so she can sit directly under the bulb approx 6-8 inches from her basking spot---- w/ 2 UVB's you would think she would not have a twitch --- the one mounted by the green hammock really isnt doing any good since she cant sit under it --- here are causes for leg twitching

Caused
    by low levels of Calcium and Vitamin D3, it's by far the most common cause of illness in 'beardies'. Symptoms can be hard to spot, but can include muscle twitching, swollen legs and fragile bones, which can eventually lead to permanent deformities in the limbs, jaw, spine or tail.

Please take this issue to this forum and post the pics you have here ---- they are very experienced w/ bearded dragons on this forum----- I am thinking she has not gotten enough UVB even tho you have them in the tank this is odd to me ---- there is also a vet moderator on this forum as well --- I would post this under the Health board ------------- www.beardeddragon.org
    kaylyn
    Julie Moore likes this.
  7. Billie

Is there another way that I can mount that one above the green hammock? I can’t think of another way to do it
  8. kaylynangel

Is it attached to the wall ? What do you have on top for a lid -----screen?
  9. Billie

Yes there are two screw holes on the back we attached it from. And no screen or anything
  10. kaylynangel

Ok so since there is no screen can you put a screen on it I know its gonna be a pain but you want that out so he can sit under it --- please go to the beardeddragon.org forum ---- and ask there - people can help you more than I can --- see if you can leave it there w/ a reflector on it but from what I understand its better if its out from the wall --- you can post on the Enclosure board
    kaylyn