• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leftover Skin in Nostril

caaleshire

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is about 4 months old now and I've helped shed her several times, including helping to pull out the skin from her nostrils. This time it's pretty stuck. Is this something I should wait out or have a vet assist?

Attachments

• 1024-1365.jpg
    1024-1365.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is about 4 months old now and I've helped shed her several times, including helping to pull out the skin from her nostrils. This time it's pretty stuck. Is this something I should wait out or have a vet assist?
Please leave it alone -- it will work itself out ---- if you pull on any shed at all it can hurt the dragon --- and damage scales or make it bleed and you do not want that it can become infected -- the shed will work its way out on its own --- if you have shed and it gets crackly and dry take a spray bottle spray and use a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the shed loose --- but please NEVER pick if off

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Wait it out, if it doesn’t budge wait a couple more days, after a week it should be ready to fall out, i only help with nose caps , tails tips, toes , eyes , and ears.

caaleshire

Bearded Dragon Egg
OK, cool, thanks for the input. Something else of note, I have never seen her drink from her water dish. I've always had to give her water through a dropper. Is this something that is normal or is there a way to train her to drink on her own?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
OK, cool, thanks for the input. Something else of note, I have never seen her drink from her water dish. I've always had to give her water through a dropper. Is this something that is normal or is there a way to train her to drink on her own?
They dont drink standing water, It’s quite rare if they drink out of a bowl most time they just poop and soak in it if he doesn’t sit in it at all you might want to remove it it’s just adding unnecessary humidity I have to give my bearded dragon water through a dropper as well, its a pain , but they dont need much, one or two dropper fulls every other day is fine, they get most of their moisture from bugs and greens :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Like Skybug said most get moisture thru the greens and insects --- rinse the salad before serving and if shes eating alot of that salad she shouldnt even need to be fed by dropper --- watch the urates and poops the white urate will be moist formed and white --- no dried out chalking looking that is dehydration

caaleshire

Bearded Dragon Egg
They dont drink standing water, It’s quite rare if they drink out of a bowl most time they just poop and soak in it if he doesn’t sit in it at all you might want to remove it it’s just adding unnecessary humidity I have to give my bearded dragon water through a dropper as well, its a pain , but they dont need much, one or two dropper fulls every other day is fine, they get most of their moisture from bugs and greens :)
As long as her skin isn't too dry here... I've kind of been worried about the folds of skin, but maybe that's normal for a juvenile as they grow? And no, she won't sit in the water at all, just avoids it, so I'll remove it.

Attachments

• 1024-1365 (1).jpg
    1024-1365 (1).jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 5

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Did she just poo? Is yes then the folds are fine, if no, then shes thirsty.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I use a spray bottle cause ive found it to be easier, I spray the sides of my beardies lips, wait a second till she licks, if she doesn’t lick i spray the very front, eventually she’ll lap up some water, then i spray 3 or 4 good sprays inside of her mouth, until she turns her head and tells me “no more”

Latest posts