• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lazy Boys

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just wondering how everyone elses boys are. We have 3 boys & 3 girls, the girls seem to be constantly on the move, busying about doing something, whether it be hunting or just roaming their enclosure. The Girls also like to glass dance to get out for a bit to run around with us. The boys on the other hand are so laid back they should be horizontal lol. They wake in the morning have a little seat under their basking lamp till they warm up then get on their perch and that where they stay till I feed & bathe them. Put them back in under their basking lamp and they go back onto their perch again and that where they will stay till bed time again. The most energy they use up is jumping around in their bath (typical boys dont like to get a bath) or when they see the girls out they will glass dance and bop at them.

Are all the males like that? Just courious

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
dragonsx6, you basically described my dragon!!! I have often been very worried about him being lethargic ~ there has to be a Really good reason to move!! Even when I let him out to run around on the floor...he heads to 1 of his 2 favorite spots, and lays back down. Sometimes he lays so he watches us and other times he turns his back to the world and that's it.
the female that i had babysat all summer was SO active!! she would be all over the house, and if i put her back in her enclosure before she was ready, she paced back and forth. when anyone came close she would be on her back feet reaching for the top!
(hence my worry about lethargy in the male). glad to hear that it seems to be a common difference between the males and females!

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was really just curious, I have a 3, almost 4 year old, 2.5 year old and a 10 month old males and everyone of them are the same lol. The oldest likes to be on his driftwood, as high as he can go watching over the world, the middle one likes to be on his slate shelf in the cool end and the little one likes to be on a branch of his Bamboo root, all just sitting watching the world go by lol. The girls just always seem to be on the go doing something.
When I bring the boys out the 2 big boys run over to below the girls viv as much to say 'Hello Ladies' but the little guy makes a beline right back to his viv as much to say 'what you bring me out here for' :D
Just pleased to know it's not just my boys that are lazy so & so's lol x

Latest posts