• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Late hello from Spike (pics)

Donovan199

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Spike came from a home with good intentions but they knew very little about him (thanks to Petsmart). He had never seen a UVB bulb in his 3 years, was kept on pine bedding, was fed a diet of kaytee dragon pellets and bagged lettuce(no insects), and has never been given calcium or vitamins. His previous owners did mean well and obviously cared about him, and the vet check came up incredibly well with no major issues at all. His colors have started to brighten in less than two weeks and is a bundle of personality. I have kept snakes, geckos, and turtles for years and Spike is hands down the most interesting reptile I have owned, and the first I have owned to actually show anything close to affection. I have no idea what color variant he is, or even if he is one so feel free to speculate. A special thank you to Renee for easing my worries when he swallowed part of a paper towel! Now for some pics (I know they are fuzzy, sorry)

Here is Spike climbing on my daughter, his favorite jungle gym.
DSCF1900.jpg

He likes to be scratched between the eyes and under his ears, my daughter wont scratch under his ears because it "Feels weird!" She is such a girl...
DSCF1903.jpg

He likes to get in her hair and I made her sit still for the picture. It is a fathers job to torment his children.
DSCF1908.jpg

Trying to show off his orange beard, didn't work well.
DSCF1916.jpg

Fuzzy profile.
DSCF1917.jpg

Feel free to poke fun at my mad photography skills.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow...he looks surprisingly well considering what he's been without. VERY glad he's in your hands, now.

Welcome to MyBeardie.com!

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wow! Agreed with Craiger. He looks great! And he has wonderful coloring. Is he active and everything? Do you know if the previous owners got him when he was a baby? (curious).

By the way... WELCOME! ;D

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
00020121.gif

Spike looks really good. You're so lucky to have such an affectionate one there. And so healthy considdering

Donovan199

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Craiger said:
Wow...he looks surprisingly well considering what he's been without. VERY glad he's in your hands, now.

Like I said they were good people with bad info. They sold the little guy to me with his whole set up for 20$ so he could have a good home. And I am no expert on dragons, that's why I'm here.

beardie_love said:
Is he active and everything? Do you know if the previous owners got him when he was a baby? (curious).

Yes he is very active. Those were pics from play time in the hall. We sit on the floor because he likes to climb on our knees and jump (learned that the hard way). His previous owners said they got him when he was little, but I am not sure what age.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You are officially welcomed! Cute little guy. Keep up the great work. ;)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome...I have to agree with everyone, he looks good considering and glad he is with you now.

Latest posts