• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

last stages of life?

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ok i was wondering if anyone on here could tell me the signs to look for when a beardie is in thier last stages's before passing away. reason im asking is cuz im starting to get worried about my 7 year old female dragon..... she is not doing well at the moment

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I hear that they usually slow their eating down within a time span of a week to a month. Also they might stop making bowel movements. Very lithargic (not moving much) which can also just be a sign of older age. Look in their eyes if they seem cloudy or sunken into their head a little(also a sign of dehydration). I have also heard reports of some beardies "throwing up" and if this is the case i would seek medical help ASAP.

Like i said i have never experienced the loss of a beardie yes.. But these are things i have heard and thought i would share.

I hope everything turns out for the best with yours!!

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I hear that they usually slow their eating down within a time span of a week to a month. Also they might stop making bowel movements. Very lithargic (not moving much) which can also just be a sign of older age.​
she was an old dragon and had been acting tired all the time lately.....she passed away lastnight a little bit before i got home. im not doing well today.... i keep feeling her sitting on my shoulder..... :'(

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
she was an old dragon and had been acting tired all the time lately.....she passed away lastnight a little bit before i got home. im not doing well today.... i keep feeling her sitting on my shoulder..... :'(
awee.. im very much sorry to hear this.../: it always sucks to loose a close pet... but the loss of her may lead to getting a new beardie right?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, Jynx. I'm very sorry 4 your loss, it's never easy. We're here 4 u if u need anything.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my sister suprised me on the 12ht and took me out to a guys house and he handed me a 6 week old female beardie and said enjoy. i had been looking around for a breeder female since september when i found an add on craigslist a week before cleo passed (i still miss her.)and i told my sister about it. i never thought she would really do anything that has to do with a lizard but she did. she had paid for her and had her on hold till that saturday. she said it was a delayed birthday present... i named her amy. i flubbed up and called her cleo a couple times the first day i had her. she looks just like a baby version of cleo.

Latest posts