• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lady bug information

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's all the ladybug info I have

Hippodamia convergens—toxic alkaloids
Coccinella Septempunctata--toxic alkaloids
Coccinella Californica-- cardenolides and toxic alkaloids
Coccinella Triasficata Subversa—this species is “bred” to be a predator and chemically enhanced. It also contains alkaloid toxins
Coccinella Triasficata—This species is somewhat toxic, but can be raised on specific diet to deplete toxins. They will not breed without it however. In nature, it has toxic alkaloids.
Psyllobora vigintimaculata-- cardenolides and toxic alkaloids
Harmonia Axyridis—have alkaloid laden secretions which are toxic

All toxins are released thru reflex bleeding in the joints. Just a note,,,,they’re toxic to mammals too.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Gina.. Now.. is there a registered Entomologist at hand ? One that travels ?
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
registered? i don't understand.

that's 7 out of 5000 or so. The typical species that live in the US and canada and are most common.

Generally that pretty bug, has a bad outcome if it becomes snak food.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
THANK YOU GINA!!!!! I KNEW I had heard they were toxic before but a few other people thought I was wrong about that.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Invite them over for ladybug surprise and let em take a bite. it won't kill an adult human......but it'll make em regret it.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i knew those little buggers were evil! ever since i was a kid i never liked them! they fooled everyone into thinking they were so sweet...ha! i know their secret now

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well looks like I can't take my dragons to my mom's this summer. Her house gets THOUSANDS of ladybugs every year. In the peak of it you can't see parts of her house through all the ladybugs.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can.. you would just have to take precautions is all, Corrine.
Screen top... and no outside play time..
Janie

Latest posts