• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lack of Professionalism in Sale ads.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, just something I have noted quite a bit lately. In a sale ad, which is basically your "banner" for catching a customer's attention, wouldn't you think that the best grammar, spelling, and word usage would be useful? I know I do. I am not certain if it is due to the younger age of some breeders or what. I have noticed quite a few ads listed on various sites lately with blatant disregard for the language typed in. Now looking at that as a consumer I would have to think that would turn you off of purchasing from that person. It would me at least. I don't know, I am far from a stickler for proper language and what not but in a sale ad, where you are trying to make a prospective customer at least interested in your product, wouldn't you want to make yourself at least look like you have at least mediocre intelligence? Also, on top of poor grammar, it also seems people get in such a hurry to post a sale ad that they neglect to look over what photo they are putting where. If the title of a ad reads "Hypo Orange Male adult and Het Hypo Normal female" you would expect to open it and see a adult orange hypo male and a normal looking female, not a double of the same photo of the same dragon or the photos missmatched/misslabeled. Or 1 photo upside down or what have you lol. Sorry just a little rant for the day.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking that perhaps an auto spell and grammer check should be included so this isn't an issue... Oh well... My english isn't others...
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most every forum I have been on has the option of spell check at the bottom and though for normal random posts it may not be an issue, you are right it should be used when making sell ads. The problem lies in that even without the spell check, if the poster of the ad could piece together a sentence correctly it would be a non-issue. But when you can't even understand what the post is saying due to whatever language barrier the originator has, it becomes a problem. Not for me as I do not care. Doesn't effect me in the least but it does make people look bad IMO.
But who am I to judge lol.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*offers Bri a Long black robe...clothing under it you choose...*
It's all about professionalism, I'd agree. But you can't change others... They have to change themselves, so the only things left are either to ignore or lead by example...
Janie

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OMG WTF good 2c U guys noticed it as well of L8 wit D Txt chat 2nite I'm goin 2 look for ads so i can LOL PSML ROFL ova D bad grammar.

C U guys L8r

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
OMG WTF good 2c U guys noticed it as well of L8 wit D Txt chat 2nite I'm goin 2 look for ads so i can LOL PSML ROFL ova D bad grammar.

C U guys L8r

Stop it burns lol.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I may be a bit young, but I plan on pursuing a double major in English and Graphic Website Design, so I find it very painful to look at some of the breeding sites out there. Not only is the grammar horrific, but the layout... the design.... the color scheme... Ick! If I ever make it big with my work, I'll offer a special discount to bearded dragon breeding sites. Half off on a website / advertisement makeover if you send me cute pictures of your dragons. :D

Latest posts