• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kink in Pygmy bearded dragon tail

Aymin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys, I’ve had a Pygmy bearded dragon for a week or two , she’s about 4 months roughly? I’ve noticed a kink in her tail and I’m worried she’s eating and feeding, I’ve got a uvb 10 and a basking spot for her. Is this common?

Attachments

• 7AFCE0EF-55B1-4B1B-AFB9-D6088F78A80A.jpeg
    7AFCE0EF-55B1-4B1B-AFB9-D6088F78A80A.jpeg
    797.8 KB · Views: 10
  • E2FF196F-803A-4CBF-9209-CED704281329.jpeg
    E2FF196F-803A-4CBF-9209-CED704281329.jpeg
    945.7 KB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi guys, I’ve had a Pygmy bearded dragon for a week or two , she’s about 4 months roughly? I’ve noticed a kink in her tail and I’m worried she’s eating and feeding, I’ve got a uvb 10 and a basking spot for her. Is this common?
Was the tail like that when you got her? Was she in a tank w/ other dragons? What kind of UVB was being used and what kind of UVB are you using now? NO coils please --- they are inadequate UVB --- this could be the start of MBD we want to correct this now --- what are the surface basking temps and how are you taking them?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was told the dragon is a Rankins not a Pigmy --- she said the tail looked ok but we need to go over your tank husbandry so she gets the correct health she needs

Aymin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Was the tail like that when you got her? Was she in a tank w/ other dragons? What kind of UVB was being used and what kind of UVB are you using now? NO coils please --- they are inadequate UVB --- this could be the start of MBD we want to correct this now --- what are the surface basking temps and how are you taking them?
I don’t know if the tail was like that when I bought here. She was in a tank with other hatchlings and I have a coil uvb 26watt 10%. Basking temp is around 35-39 approximately. I’ve got a small temp and humid reader box I put in the tank and can move it around. Other posts say they’ve seen this in their beardies and it can just be a deformity.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don’t know if the tail was like that when I bought here. She was in a tank with other hatchlings and I have a coil uvb 26watt 10%. Basking temp is around 35-39 approximately. I’ve got a small temp and humid reader box I put in the tank and can move it around. Other posts say they’ve seen this in their beardies and it can just be a deformity.
Ok we need to get rid of the coil UVB your going to have more health problems w/ this bulb please go here and get this bulb its one of the best on the market
when you get the UVB please post back on here I will help you get it set up for your tank if it has a screen otherwise it would go into the tank 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor piece -- I could post other UVB's but I think your not in the states correct?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes they can be born with a kink like that.

Aymin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lol there’s so many different opinions and info out there. I live here in Australia and there are successful breeders who use these types of uvbs. Confused

How common are kinks in tails?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol there’s so many different opinions and info out there. I live here in Australia and there are successful breeders who use these types of uvbs. Confused

How common are kinks in tails?
I have had a lot of experience w/ the coil UVB's and none of it has ended in good -- please get rid of it

Latest posts