• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kinda "NEW" mommy

lenabena12

Bearded Dragon Egg
So i have 2 babies around the same age i guess. Petsmart doesnt seem to know much about ANY of their animals but both are rather young. Their names are Cheeto and Dorito lol
Cheeto is the smaller of the 2 and the much social, he's tiny but allows me to hold him and rub him (not entirely sure its a boy) but Dorito is the complete opposite, I've had them for over a month and he runs when i try to touch him and i cant ever pick him up at all but I've hand hed him since i got him but he just doesn't seem to like me bothering him at all. Not sure what i did wrong with this one lol

Attachments

• 20200818_165302.jpg
    20200818_165302.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200725_151237.jpg
    20200725_151237.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So i have 2 babies around the same age i guess. Petsmart doesnt seem to know much about ANY of their animals but both are rather young. Their names are Cheeto and Dorito lol
Cheeto is the smaller of the 2 and the much social, he's tiny but allows me to hold him and rub him (not entirely sure its a boy) but Dorito is the complete opposite, I've had them for over a month and he runs when i try to touch him and i cant ever pick him up at all but I've hand hed him since i got him but he just doesn't seem to like me bothering him at all. Not sure what i did wrong with this one lol
You need to separate them --- dragons should never be housed together - males will kill each other male / female will constantly breed and two females one will take over dominance of the weaker one and completely take over the food UVB and basking area - Petsmart employees know nothing about dragons unless they actually have one and have had it for a while - if you got a "kit" from there I can say the UVB is no good along w/ some other useless harmful stuff they put in their like for example colored bulbs -- stick on temp gauges etc -- if you need help w/ getting the correct lamps and UVB please ask ---

lenabena12

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need to separate them --- dragons should never be housed together - males will kill each other male / female will constantly breed and two females one will take over dominance of the weaker one and completely take over the food UVB and basking area - Petsmart employees know nothing about dragons unless they actually have one and have had it for a while - if you got a "kit" from there I can say the UVB is no good along w/ some other useless harmful stuff they put in their like for example colored bulbs -- stick on temp gauges etc -- if you need help w/ getting the correct lamps and UVB please ask ---
They are separate, those pics are from when i was cleaning out ones enclosure. Dorito is bigger so i wouldn't ever leave them unsupervised together i just cant ever clean without cheeto being nosy and running thru his salad and making a bigger mess lol

lenabena12

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need to separate them --- dragons should never be housed together - males will kill each other male / female will constantly breed and two females one will take over dominance of the weaker one and completely take over the food UVB and basking area - Petsmart employees know nothing about dragons unless they actually have one and have had it for a while - if you got a "kit" from there I can say the UVB is no good along w/ some other useless harmful stuff they put in their like for example colored bulbs -- stick on temp gauges etc -- if you need help w/ getting the correct lamps and. UVB please ask ---
And UVB is like a different language to me. I use solar glo on both enclosures and was told i wouldn't need anything else but i felt like the lady and petsmart didn't exactly know so i still bought a repti sun bulb (i think thats the name) its not the tube bulb tho, its the spiral ones that i placed on top of the screen.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And UVB is like a different language to me. I use solar glo on both enclosures and was told i wouldn't need anything else but i felt like the lady and petsmart didn't exactly know so i still bought a repti sun bulb (i think thats the name) its not the tube bulb tho, its the spiral ones that i placed on top of the screen.
Those are no good please take it back -- here is some info on the UVB's

Which UVB light should I use?

The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube HO (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia). UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months. The T5’s are a strong bulb and only need to be replaced once a year – the T 8 every 6 months--- where as the T 8 are not as strong—they need to be placed inside the tank the T 5 10.0 bulb approx 10-11 inches from basking spot – the T 8 approx 6-8 inches from basking spot—the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effect of the UVB rays--

Please do not listen to the petsmart people ------ they have not a clue as to what they are talking about -- what wattage did you get for the Solor Glo? You should get a tube fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 bulb they are the best on the market and will enhance the Solor Glo you have --- what distance is it at?

Latest posts