• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

kinda liquidy poo, with a bunch of light brown some times clear flluid

Ashley Cronin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my bearded dragon is 5 mo. old, and eating and growing great. but lately (aprox. 2 weeks) his poo has been slightly runny with a lot of liquid around it... IS this normal... or what could be going on... hope everything is okay with it. worried maybe he could dehydrate with that much liquid... and there is no reptile vets for at least 3 hours away.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Have you noticed any other changes? Has your dragon ever seen a vet? Sometimes liquidy stools can be a sign of parasites and will usually be accompanied by a louder than normal odor. If he has never seen a vet than its a good time to do so. Also monitor his weight and note any changes.

Ashley Cronin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
no just that... it has some odor it was real strong for a couple days now its just normal smelling like its been since ive got it... no never took it to a vet... all the ones down where im from says they don't treat reptiles. the nearest i can find is like 3 hours away. can a regular vet check for parasites?

Ashley Cronin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
also would diet make any differece because i was out of crickets for a day, and fed it chopped up earth worms and its been since then. like a day or two after....

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
diet can effect it over time but i dont think diet can effect it with in a day or 2. . . also with the vets checking it. . . most of the time they wont unless you kinda get in good with the vet like your "dog" goes to the vet then mabe but most of the time i have found its no. . . there is only 1 vet i can go to and its 20 mins from my house but they charge out the yingyang bc they are the closest 1 besides travelling 4 hours. . .

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
regular vets can do a fecal float just as they would a cat or dog but some regular vets might not know how to treat.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
if you are here in the states then go to www.arav.org and on the left side click on member directory. then in the info section fill in your state only! itll pull up all the rep vets in your area registered with the arav. very helpful site. your dragon needs to see an exotic vet once a year or so to check for parasites just as you would for your dog or cat. their are other things that exotic vets look for that regular vets do not. they check for mbd, look at fat pads, condition of teeth,etc. and if you ever have to do bloodwork, a regular vet will probably not know what the values mean. hope that site helps. if not, pack a lunch an plan a trip.:)

Latest posts