• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping beardies together

dan.biggins.58

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hia guys im looking for some advice on keeping to beardies in the same tank. I have one at the moment and he is about 8 weeks old. He is in a 4ft viv and is very active. I was looking at getting another one but people keep giving mixed views. Just after some more advice really

Thanks
Dan

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
I would not keep bearded dragons together in the same tank at all...that just leads to problems one could become more dominant and not allow the other to eat one could kill or hurt the other it's just not worth it

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
I would advise against housing two together. There will always be some degree of dominance, and while they may see to get along and be the best of friends, it only takes one moment for one of them to snap and maim/kill the other. At this moment in time since you have a male, the only other option would be to house him with a female. The boy may end up trying to mate with her. And if he's successful you'll be having fertilized eggs. You'll then need to separate them anyways in order for the female to recuperate because the male will just continue trying to mate with her. Just some thoughts as to what may happen in the future. Beardies are fairly solitary creatures so they often do best alone.

Latest posts