• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

keeping babies together?

bsauce23

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey guys,
Me and my roommate are really considering getting a pair of bearded dragons. One would be mine and one would be his. Right now I have a 40 gallon breeder tank with all the accessories and a mega ray sb bulb. We are wondering if it is okay to keep the two babies together in my tank until my roommate has the finances to purchase his own equipment. In other words, is it okay to house babies together and if so, for how long approximately is it okay for?
Thanks!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wellll... that is a sticky subject sweety. It depends on a whole lot of things...
what I would suggest, if you do indeed go that route, separate the tank so each has half, and shares the mega. This is only a temp situation, not to last longer than a couple of weeks, tops. If that is out of the question, then don't consider getting the second until a second separate enclosure is set up and waiting.
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't recommend getting two beardies and housing them together. I always like to stay on the side of caution. And if finances are an issue, you should give it some really deep thought about purchasing the babies. First, babies eat a lot and if a vet visit is needed, it is pretty costly.

Latest posts