• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile isn't eating!

Gabrielle Jordan

Bearded Dragon Egg
In August I bought two juvenile female bearded dragons. Being females, I housed them together in a 20 gallon. Their names are Lux and Harlow. Lux has eaten like a champ since the day I got them. She chases them around and is very active with the food. Harlow used to chase around the food a little but never gave it too much attention. She ate a good enough amount. Within the past month she's slowly stopped eating. She didn't eat crickets so I gave her some baby dubias and she ate about 5-7 of them. When I first got her she would eat over 15. Then she lost interest in the dubias. So recently I fed her some mealworms, knowing that they don't have much value but at least its something, and some waxworms for the same reason. She ate those right away but only about 6. Now she has given up on crickets, dubias, and worms. She eats maybe a dime size piece of turnip greens every other day. About a week ago I separated them, thinking that Lux being much bigger now has declared alpha and that was why Harlow wouldn't eat. I weighed them today, Harlow is 25 g and Lux is 52. A week ago when I weighed them, Harlow was 25 g and Lux was 50. I know she's gained a gram, but she still hasn't been eating. Her last shed was as long as a month ago. Any tips on why she won't eat, or anything else I can do?

Latest posts