• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile Getting Started

bathumann1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone my baby bearded dragon Camo passed away about a month ago due to an unknown illness i have never seen. After walking through a reptile store i have found a sunfire that i would really like to get, but i have only adopted adult dragons so to prevent loosing another baby i would love to learn what is most important while raising a juvenile through their first year. Please help i am always open to learn new things.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everybody I'm new to this forum and after reading a few things I realized that people at retail pet stores don't really know to much about reptiles. I live in Houston Texas where during the winter there are crazy temp changes and dropped thirty degrees the other night and now my new bearded dragon Camo isn't moving but he is still alive. I read somewhere that it might be something called burmation? I don't know what that really is or how to deal with it and how do I tell if its that or if he is sick?

According to your previous post, he was still alive on Wednesday when you posted this. I'm a little confused.

bathumann1

Bearded Dragon Egg
I apologize I do mean about a week ago sometimes when I type I zone out. But yes little Camo passed away about a hour after that post I'm sorry I did not post an update. I wasn't planning on getting another so soon, and I haven't yet. But when I saw this little guy it made me interested. And if I do end up getting him, I just want everything to be perfect for the little guy so I'm open to any tips I can get.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My suggestion would be that you get his appropriatly sized enclosure setup correctly with proper lighting,heat and basic furnishings and that you get his temperatures and gradient accurate and consistent BEFORE you bring him home. That would be the wise way to start and then make sure that he his given at least 10+ days to acclimate properly once you get him home where he is not handled or harassed unless absolutely necessary.
After that it is a matter of providing him with plenty of patience, proper nutrition meaning fresh greens daily whether he eats them or not and plenty of gut loaded live feeders along with a proper supplementation schedule.
Every thing should be set up and in place when he arrives at his new home. This minimizes the trauma and stress on him which is a key factor in giving him and you the best chance for a long, healthy and happy adventure together.

The info in these links are packed with the right way to do things. Read through them and should you have any other questions or concerns the BDF Community is here to help any way we can:)

Basic BD Care Sheet-A Place to Start

Bearded Dragon Exclusive Care Library

Bearded Dragon Diet Nutritional Information

Bearded Dragon Co-Habitation-A Good Plan???

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Enjoy!

Latest posts