• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just rescued my first Beardie

Kjenkin

Bearded Dragon Egg
I rescued my first beardie over the weekend.Norbert is his new name for his new life. We've been told hes 18months, but is small. Hes in pretty rough shape but perking up nicely. Hes never had UVB bulb and doesn't have the appropriate basking temps. He was being fed dry dragon pellets, and livng in cali sand that hadn't been cleaned in at least a month. I can feel his ribs when he is picked up. The only thing that was done correctly was he is in a 75 gallon tank.
First thing I did is order a reptisun 10.0 tube light and fixture, and it will be here tomorrow. I dumped the sand and cleaned the tank, and gave him a good soak in warm water to get all the sand and old poop off. I tossed the pellets after watching him devour greens and crickets.
We are getting tile for the bottom of the tank, setting up the lights, and temp gauges, and purchasing a new basking light this weekend. He seems to have a great appetite and is eating greens VERY well. I am ordering roaches, to get him a staple bug source in the next few weeks.
I'm glad to have found the forum, and am enjoying reading.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I look forward to seeing pics of the new family member. Welcome to the BDF! I hope you have all your questions answered.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
thank you for saving this little guy, it makes me mad to see people own animals like this with no idea of how to care for them.

i hope to see your buddy on here soon. welcome to the forums.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Good luck with him! i'm glad he's found such a caring owner :) my beardie had no UVB until i got her in January and she has no sign of MBD! but she is only 13 inches long. I hope to see some pictures soon :D

Pat B

Super Moderator
What a lucky dragon Norbert is to have been rescued. You are going to have a happy dragon!! And welcome....I don't answer any questions because I just got my first dragon about 6 weeks ago but I ask lots of questions and make lots of comments!!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
6.jpg

Great job on the Rescue. Brought back memories of my 2 rescues, years ago, living under almost exactly the same circumstances, other than they were being housed together.
icon_thumright-1.gif

No UVB is why he is small...man, this pisses me off so bad, glad you got him bro...
Yup, I agree. some keepers, & I use the term very loosely, should be ...

gunflash.gif
Then
Pissonyou.jpg
on.

Latest posts