• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

just re-did turbo's cage

Soldier84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey everyone I really dont know if this is a good idea or not but i did it anyways lol if its bad for him PLEASE tell me so i can change it.

I just went to lowes and i got some title for his cage heres the pics. hope you like

NEWPAD.jpg

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Setup looks great! Do you measure the temp for his basking spot? Because the heat lamp looks pretty far away. Just a thought. But as long as it's the right temp, it's fine! :D

Soldier84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
THANKS..and no i dont have a temp reader in the cage. Buts a 100 watt heat bulb and is good for heating up a 20gallon tank and since i figured its only heating that one side its good? Sooo im not sure lol, when he basks he opens his mouth so figured its a good sign..i hope lol

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Doesn't matter with the size of the cage. So, I suggest getting a digital thermometer with a probe, and read those temps. ;) They're quite inexpensive - about 10 bucks. How old is your beardie? Babies need a basking spot temp of 105-110*F and adults need a temp of 95-105*F.

Opening his mouth means that he's regulating his body temperature.

Soldier84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ooh i see thanks for the info and ill def be getting a thermometer asap. and he/she is about 9-10months

i hope hes ok if hes not been warm enough

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Temps help dragons digest their food properly. Good temps were pointed out. Once you get your digital probe thermometer, you'll be able to determine if your watt is strong enough or not.

Latest posts